Pictures via @VintageMavens instagram
I bet when a new post from Vintage Mavens popped up on your blog feed, most of you were like, "What? It's been, like, a million years!" It really has been! And I miss you guys.
The winds of change have been blowing since my last post back in July! I'm talking a full, 180 degrees of pure change. 2014 is shaping out to be a momentous year of new surroundings and opportunities.
1. The Store: I'm absolutely blown away by the amount of e-mails I have received from customers asking about the direction our online store is headed. I honestly was not expecting so many sweet messages from customers! I can say with certainty that the store will have new vintage soon. It may look a bit different, but it will be Vintage Mavens.
2. The Move: Jorge and I are moving to Chicago in a week!! Though I'm sad to leave Miami, we're so excited to embark on this little adventure together. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this city, and I can't wait to go exploring (any readers out there from the Windy City, I'd love to hear about your favorite hang-out spots!).
3. Law School: Yep, I'm going to be a law school student this Fall. Crazy, I know. It's been a dream of mine since I was 19, and there's no time like the present to make things happen. Don't worry, I'm not changing the name of my blog to "Legally Brunette" and showing off my latest pant suits. I hope to blog about my law school adventures and run the store part-time. After applying to a bunch of colleges all around the country, where I'll be attending school is still up in the air (though I've been lucky enough to get some exciting acceptance letters already!). Who knows? I may be blogging from Colorado or California in the Fall!
4. I'm An Aunt! My best friend (and little sister) had the most adorable baby boy this year! My nephew, Kai, is the cutest little thing on Earth and he's driven me to spend endless hours on Etsy browsing through handmade little boy sweaters.
5. Mindset: To switch gears so intensely can be scary to say the least. But, within the last few months of studying for the LSAT and applying to colleges, it's clear that this was the best decision I've made in a long time. I hope you all will join me on my journey through Chicago, law school, and more. It's going to be a fantastic year.
Wishing you all the happiness in the world in 2014. Remember, life is short. It's never too late to do what makes you happiest.